North Carolina Professional License Defense
Our Raleigh Professional License Defense Attorneys Protect Your Career and Credentials
An allegation of professional or ethical misconduct is a traumatic experience. After you dedicated your career to your profession, your competence and integrity may now be called into question and your very livelihood may be threatened. Cheshire Parker Schneider has been helping professionals through this difficult process for over four decades. We understand the seriousness of these issues and know the steps you need to take to protect yourself.
Based in Raleigh, our professional license defense attorneys represent clients throughout North Carolina.
Why Clients Turn to Cheshire Parker Schneider for North Carolina Professional Disciplinary Matters
Alan Schneider, the leader of our professional ethics and licensing defense section, has spent his entire 30-year legal practice fighting to protect the careers and livelihoods of licensed professionals. Alan is a member of the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (APRL), an independent national organization that helps to improve legal practice through the implementation and promotion of sound rules that govern the legal profession. He also serves on the Ethics Committee of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice. In 2007, the North Carolina State Bar’s Disciplinary Guidelines Committee chose Alan to review guidelines affecting disciplinary cases. He also acted as the former chair of the Ethics Committee for the North Carolina Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section.
Alan and our team of professional ethics and licensing defense lawyers guide you through the grievance or complaint process.
Ethics, Reputation, and Disciplinary Advocacy for Lawyers, Doctors, CPAs, and Other Professionals
Our legal team represents lawyers, doctors, accountants, real estate agents and brokers, pharmacists, nurses, dentists, and other legal, medical and financial professionals, including:
- Representing you in administrative disciplinary proceedings
- Providing confidential advisory opinions on ethics issues
- Conducting preventative risk-management consultations
- Defending your character and fitness during the licensing application process
- Protecting your professional life and reputation during all phases of the process
If you have had a grievance filed against you or face other disciplinary action by a state board, we take decisive steps to put you in the best position possible to keep your future intact. Our goal is to protect your license, your reputation, your financial interests, and your career.
Defending Against Licensing Board Disciplinary Actions
Cheshire Parker Schneider has substantial experience and successes representing professionals who work in a wide range of industries. We represent licensed professionals before all North Carolina licensing boards. Our main focuses include:
- The North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Medical Board
- The North Carolina Board of Law Examiners
- The North Carolina Judicial Standards Commission
- North Carolina Real Estate Commission
- North Carolina State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners
- North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners
- North Carolina Board of Nursing
- North Carolina Board of Pharmacy
We also represent individuals in front of the following state licensing boards, among others:
- North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors
- North Carolina Department of Insurance
- North Carolina Psychology Board
- North Carolina Social Work Certification and Licensure Board
- North Carolina Acupuncture Licensing Board
- North Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology & Audiology
- North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy
- North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy
- North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- North Carolina Board of Podiatry Examiners
- North Carolina Board of Recreational Therapy Licensure
- North Carolina Marriage and Family Therapy Licensure Board
- North Carolina State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors
- North Carolina State Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors
Speak with a Professional License Defense Attorney at Cheshire Parker Schneider
If you are facing professional discipline, do not go it alone. Cheshire Parker Schneider represents professionals in administrative proceedings and licensure matters. Call our firm at (919) 833-3114 or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our North Carolina professional license defense lawyers.
Attorneys: Alan Schneider, Joseph Blount Cheshire V, Elliot Sol Abrams, Collin Cook, Hart Miles